Monday, November 2, 2009

Look what I did!

I've finished my first baby project! I found some blocks on a website and the pattern to make them. I was planning on getting some fabric to make them after our next ultrasound... just to make sure it's a girl. But, a few nights ago, I was going through some baby clothes that I'd gotten at a garage sale at the beginning of summer and found this fabric that I'd also gotten at a garage sale. I thought that they went really well together... the little duckies have purple bows around their necks. So, I decided to give the block pattern a test run on this fabric that I paid like, a quarter for, and if I totally screwed up, no big loss. Well, they turned out and I love them!

I've found a few other patterns for baby hats and pants that I'm going to try to make, as well as a baby quilt (nothing fancy) that I'll attempt. Since we can't do any painting in the baby room, I feel like there's nothing fun to 'create' for her. So, this is my creative fix! And how cute! I'll post pics again when I complete something else!


Jessica Bejot said...

These are sweet Kristi. I am happy to know I'm not the only one of my friends that enjoy doing this! Great work. Look forward to the other things you make!

Post a Comment