Friday, February 12, 2010

1 Day Overdue: Eviction Notice Served!

So, just got back from my appointment. Dr. checked me and had to dig around ...again. He made the comment "man, you are still so far up there"... at this point, I knew that all of my possible contractions over the past few days haven't been doing anything.

He finishes checking me and says "well, I still can't even get a finger in there, and I was even a little mean to you and tried to!"

So, he told me I can induce anytime I want, including tonight if I want. I don't want to, as much as I want her here, I don't want to jump the gun too quickly. Dr. said that with the way my body is 'misbehaving' right now, it only has about a 50% chance of being successful. He also said he really didn't want me to go past next Thursday since I'll be 41 weeks.

I told him that I wanted to be induced on Tuesday night. That will be the best time for Bobby's parents to travel down and have their time off.

So, he said we'll check in on Tuesday evening (and I should eat a nice big meal before hand) and we'll start cytotec. Pitocin will start on Wednesday, and after 24 hours (basically Wednesday evening) if I haven't had much progress, we have the option to stop for an hour or two, take a break and start again, for another 24 hours, OR have a c/s.

So, that's the plan as of right now. Kaygan WILL be here on the 17th or 18th! Well, unless by some miracle she comes before then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment